Sunday, January 20, 2008

Trip to Ohio to see Steve's family

Brandon and I at the Newport Levee, We took a road trip to Ohio to see Steven's family Nathan just received his operation on his throat at the Children'Hostital. He was released after four days instead of staying 7 to 10 days. The Doctor was very happy with Nathan's progress.






Steve,Holly,Katelynn,Nathan and Brandon in the parking garage in Ohio



A big beautiful Marlin out in front of the Mall holding Katie and Nathan.





This is an Mennonite farm with the Hex signs. (hex signs are given and used for good and evil.) All of the barns we have seen in Pa had Hex signs of prosperity and good will.





Amish farm as we were traveling 75 mph on our way to Ohio.





Thanks Steve and Holly for such a great memory!!!! mom

8 comments:

Lisa B. said...

what a fun trip. i soo miss the old history in the east. everything is so new here. but i love anything amish too. MOm and Brandon you loook soo great.!! wish i was there. great post mom, way to go!

Bonnie said...

Oh, mom you have to keep it up! I love gobbling up the "morsels" of your life!

Traci said...

So proud- the post looks great!

Letty said...

I miss Ohio too. We really loved it when we lived there. I mainly miss all of the really sweet hearted people...maybe we need more hex signs in this country to keep us all happy and cheerful!
I love your blogging! Thanks for sharing.
By the way...so you ever age??? Seriously you are always so pretty! I hope to inherit your beauty skills.

Carla said...

Lisa, Thanks for all of your encouragement. My life is a bit crazy trying to get my house on the market.
I can't wait to be with you. I am looking forward to March. I hope this message makes it to you. love always
mom

Carla said...

Bonnie,
Thanks for your sweet comments. I can't imagine anyone wanting to know anything that is happening in my life. Your children (all of tha gkids) are where everything is happening. I sometimes envy you and this time in your life. I am about to jump off the second portion of my existance into my third portion. Retirement. oooooooooh scary. I am so comfortable as a mother/wife. But a retired wife is a different life entirely. love always mom

Carla said...

Traci,
That was the most appreciated meal Monday night and the home evening was also great. You have such a beautiful home and family. You know how much I will miss you. Thanks for being such a good example o me on so many levels. You are an excellent person. You are one of my daughters. I claim you as my daughter and there is nothing you can do about it! (: love always carla

Carla said...

Dear Collette, You are so kind. I will never forget your being in our home. I loved having you with us. You brought such a sweet, kind, giving spirit to us all. I still make bread the way you taught me. And yes I am getting old. Just don't look too close. (: Your kiddies are beeautiful. I wish we lived closer to you. I love the area you are living though. I have many fond memories of Moscow, and Law School.
Love always carla